The Saunders Cervical Traction Device is a home traction device that provides unparalleled traction therapy and is an alternative to long-term clinical care. The features allow true replication of clinical treatments - comfort, angle and force of home treatments are identical to what patients would receive in the clinic. This model provides traction forces directed toward the occiput (back of the head) and reduces strain on the jaw and neck while applying up to 50 pounds of effective force. The hand held pump is patient friendly and provides precise treatment for a variety of conditions while ensuring safety--user has total control of force at all times. The neck wedges swivel to accommodate different widths of necks and grab onto the mandible of the jaw to prevent loosening around the neck. It is shipped factory sealed with a simple user's guide and a carrying case for easy traveling. Sold by Prescription or to Health Professionals only.
Comfortable, adjustable head rest
- Applies up to 50 pounds of effective force
Hand-held pneumatic pump with easy to read gauge
Built in angle adjustment from 15 to 25 degrees
- Includes patented self-adjusting neck wedges that pivot 30 degrees and are removable for easy cleaning or replacement.
Comfortable and cost-effective option to continuing clinical traction treatments.
Weight: 12 lbs
- Pain in back or neck
- Herniated or protruding discs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Posterior facet syndrome
- Joint hypomobility
- Sub acute joint inflammation
- Nerve root impingement
- Paraspinal muscle spasm
- Acute or traumatic injury
- Spinal instability
- Extruded disc fragmentation
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis
- Spinal cord compression
- Infections or inflammatory disease
- Serious pathology, disease or malignancy
- Spreading and/or aggravation of patient's symptoms
It is recommended that the force be increased gradually over several sessions. Slight, post-treatment muscle soreness in the neck is common; however excessive soreness or an increase in peripheral symptoms may result if the force is increased too quickly.